[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - Investment Import in CSV Format

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 00:36:53 CEST 2010

I've recently discovered that an international investment company, Fidelity,
caters for export of investment transactions in CSV format.  If anyone has
more than a couple of accounts, and especially if monthly dividends are
involved, manual import can be time-consuming and error prone.

I've added the capability to import investment transactions into my
csvimporter gui program, which converts them to QIF format that KMM accepts.
I've done quite a bit of testing and have been using the program for a few
weeks, and so far, so good.

However, it's possible, I suppose, that other companies also can export in CSV
format, and it may be that their formats might need different capability.  If
anyone can provide a suitably anonimised file, even of just one or two
transactions, I'd be happy to see if they can be accommodated.  I don't want
to know what company it's from, or any real security account, or real
quantities, just the general layout.  i would add, too, that the program is
designed to handle simple, flat, transactions, just as would be received from
an investment company - no categories, splits, or transfers.

The program, by the way, uses KDE4/QT4.

Thanks