[Kmymoney-devel] Some experimentd trying to move loading methods out of the GUI

tonyb tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 21 11:09:46 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 20 Oct 2009 13:48:55 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Tony, can you check if it's possible to have the GNC work differently?
>
> I don't know if the GNC loader should remain in the GUI or in the engine,
> depending on which resources it uses.
> If it should be in the engine, then the GUI calls have to be separated and
> the dialogs should be replaced by exceptions.

I've been sorta following this thread, but I'm not quite clear what the
problem is vis-a-vis the GNC reader.

The original reader was part of the engine. Rewriting it was my first KMM
project (since I converted from GNC and was reasonably familiar with it). I
introduced the GUI stuff to provide some options and more flexibility - in
perfect ignorance of the 'no GUI in engine' rule. When Thomas pointed that out
to me, we moved it into the converter section.

(I'm on holiday tomorrow - again! - for 6 days so don't look for an early
reply.)

--
Cheers,

TonyB