[Kmymoney-devel] Some experimentd trying to move loading methods out of the GUI

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:48:55 CEST 2009

2009/10/20 Michaël Lhomme <papylhomme at gmail.com>

> Hi Cristian
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> În data de Luni 19 Octombrie 2009 23:18:43 Michaël Lhomme a scris:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > here is my class file to load KMM data. (attachStorage  is done in the
>> > caller class, before calling load methods)
>> >
>> > Regarding the dependencies, I take the whole readFile method to ensure I
>> > didn't forget something, and so it might have some unnecessary lines.
>> The
>> > part causing linkage problem is when creating a new MyMoneyGncReader.
>> If you drop the MyMoneyGncReader part which implements the open of GNUCash
>> files I think that the UI dependecies will go away. Since a user can
>> always
>> import such a file with kmymoney and save it as a kmymoney file I don't
>> think
>> that anything is lost by removing the MyMoneyGncReader part.
>>

> Thanks for the input, it's working and as you stated, I don't care being
> able to load a GNUCash file in the resource.

Tony, can you check if it's possible to have the GNC work differently?

I don't know if the GNC loader should remain in the GUI or in the engine,
depending on which resources it uses.
If it should be in the engine, then the GUI calls have to be separated and
the dialogs should be replaced by exceptions.

Regards,
Alvaro