[Kmymoney-devel] Transaction form nags

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:58:33 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 10/1/09, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Cristian,
> > I know it is a thorn in your back. I just found a couple of issues when
> > using the transaction form:
> Hi,
> I've just took some time to look at this.
>
> > - When using the "remember payee from previous transaction", when I just
> > finished entering the transaction, a popup will show as if I had
> cancelled
> > the transaction. Clicking No will crash the app.
> I can't reproduce this. AFAIK I also use "remember payee from previous
> transaction" since there isn't an option to turn this of and after
> entering the second transaction for the same payee the cancel edit
> dialog does not pop up. It must be popped up by something else. How do
> you enter the transactions? I usually use only the keyboard (now that
> it is possible).
>
> I will try to reproduce it again. I reproduced a similar crash when you hit
a limit with a transaction. Perhaps it was this problem, and not something
to do with reusing the previous transaction. I will get back to you when I
hit it again.

> > - Enter does not work to finish entering the transaction
> I know about this problem if you mean the Enter button (from the
> keypad) not the Return button. It seems that the kMyMoneyEdit doesn't
> leave the edit mode when Enter is pressed but only when Return is
> pressed.
>
> I will check if that's the issue.

> > - When in an investment ledger, the investment is not selectable from the
> > popup. You have to enter it manually, because selecting it from the popup
> > will do nothing.
> This is fixed in SVN.
>
> Great. Thanks!

> > Just a couple of nags I spotted while doing the monthly finance cleanup.
> By the way do you still use the KDE4 version for your finances?
> Somewhere I've read that you lost a weeks worth of data with it. How
> did you managed that? :)
>
> That was me being careless. I had been using .kmy files for tests. Then, I
switched to my own file, which is a .xml file. I entered data 2 or 3 times
before realizing that it wasn't really saving the file. I still have to
check why this happens.
So, I sucked it up, saved my file as .kmy and tried to rebuild the data I
had entered. It wasn't much, so it's not a big idea. But it certainly makes
a big case for regular people not using the KDE4 for the time being.

Regards,
Alvaro