[Kmymoney-devel] KDialog conversion

tonyb tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 7 11:06:09 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 06 Oct 2009 20:48:48 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> I don't have much experience with Designer myself. What's the reason to
> change the QDialog to QWidget and then embed this into a KDialog? Can't you
> change QDialog to KDialog directly?

I tried that first; I finished with some buttons appearing in the middle of
the dialog. It seems KDialog likes to control the positioning of the buttons.

Extract from the KDialog API:
Standard buttons (action buttons):

You select which buttons should be displayed, but you do not choose the order
in which they are displayed. This ensures a standard interface in KDE.
Actually the only reason I tried the conversion in the first place was that
the Krazy check recommended it; I think it all worked quite well before!

--
Cheers,

TonyB