[Kmymoney-devel] [Kmymoney2-developer] Broken QT4 build?

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:23:41 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com> wrote:

> On Monday 05 October 2009 22:22:15 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com>
> wrote:

> > > this?

> > > got

> > > [... snip similar errors ...]

> > > I just checked, and the docs at
> > >

> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKButtonGroup.h
> > >tml say that the function id() was added in 4.3.
> > >
> > > I overlooked that last time.  I will convert the KButtonGroups to
> > > QGroupBoxes
> > > with QButtonGroup attributes on the buttons.  That should be more
> > > portable, since a lot of distros haven't upgraded to KDE 4.3 yet.
> >
> > Is there a way to keep the KButtonGroups but use a different method? We
> had
> > problems with the QGroupBoxes before, because the API is very different
> >  from the Qt3 one.
> >

> After sleeping on this, I realized that KButtonGroup derives from
> QGroupBox,
> so we have to deal with the API change regardless.  I would still like to
> do
> something simple, but don't be surprised if it comes down to doing a
> QGroupBox
> with QButtonGroup buttons.  I'll try to get something going on this
> tonight,
> since I really don't like having code in SVN that only compiles for some
> users.

We have not settled on the KDE version required for KMM4, and KDE 4.3 is the
one I see as being user-ready. 4.2 was close to that, but still buggy, so
most distributions will go for 4.3 in the short term. Also, the next
releases for Fedora, Kubuntu and Mandriva are just a month or so away, so it
is not such a terrible thing.

So, from my point of view, if it involves too much work to fix it for
pre-4.3 users, leave it that. We are still at the "It will eat your home
pets and run away" stage for KMM4.