[Kmymoney-devel] [Kmymoney2-developer] Broken QT4 build?

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Tue Oct 6 15:06:36 CEST 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 22:22:15 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com> wrote:
> > On Monday 05 October 2009 21:35:00 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > > CC'ing the KMM4 mailing list.
> > >
> > > Fernando, you worked on the button groups lately. Anything to do with
> >
> > this?
> >
> > > Regards,
> > > Alvaro

> > got

> > [... snip similar errors ...]

> > I just checked, and the docs at
> >
> > http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKButtonGroup.h
> >tml say that the function id() was added in 4.3.
> >
> > I overlooked that last time.  I will convert the KButtonGroups to
> > QGroupBoxes
> > with QButtonGroup attributes on the buttons.  That should be more
> > portable, since a lot of distros haven't upgraded to KDE 4.3 yet.
>
> Is there a way to keep the KButtonGroups but use a different method? We had
> problems with the QGroupBoxes before, because the API is very different
>  from the Qt3 one.

After sleeping on this, I realized that KButtonGroup derives from QGroupBox,
so we have to deal with the API change regardless.  I would still like to do
something simple, but don't be surprised if it comes down to doing a QGroupBox
with QButtonGroup buttons.  I'll try to get something going on this tonight,
since I really don't like having code in SVN that only compiles for some
users.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas