[Kmymoney-devel] cmake version

David Houlden djhoulden at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 11:12:38 CET 2009

On Saturday 28 November 2009 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Saturday 28 November 2009 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > Thomas,
> > which cmake version are you running?
>
> thb at dollo:~/devel/kmymoney4/build> cmake --version
> cmake version 2.6-patch 4
>

> [...]
>
> > > I have been building the KDE4 version from SVN successfully for some
> > > time but today I've started getting this error from cmake.
> > >
> > > CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindAqBanking.cmake:49 (unset):
> > >  Unknown CMake command "unset".
>
> We can simply remove the line in question if the helps. I just tried to
> remove/hide unused variables.

Just a bit more information. I found this in the archives of the cmake mailing
list. It seems that using unset introduces a build dependency on cmake 2.6.3.
Of course, this may not be a bad thing and if the developers want to do this
then I will look to upgrade my version.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Micha Renner <Micha.Renner at
t-online.de>wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> what is the difference between
> SET(variable )
> and
> UNSET(variable)

Nothing.  The unset command was added for completeness and so that there
could be an additional option added to it to allow removal of cache
variables.  Also, it is often the case that someone reading CMake scripts
for the first time might be confused over the meaning of set(foo) and think
that it defines a variable setting it to empty when it actually undefines a
variable.  Hopefully over time, unset() will remove any confusion here.  The
command will be in the 2.6.3 release.  Obviously please be careful using
this command if compatibility with earlier versions of CMake is a concern.

Philip Lowman