[Kmymoney-devel] Going for a beta --> Beta release on Dec 28th

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:46:21 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 4:37 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
>> On Friday 27 November 2009 04:06:24 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> with the GPG code in, and with some issues still to be solved, but
>>> nothing really critical, I would like to declare a string freeze, and
>>> aim for a beta release by the end of the year.
>>> I will be taking a vacation for 2 weeks in mid-December. If possible,
>>> I would like to release sometime between Dec 20th and 30th. I know
>>> it's a hard date for everyone, so we can delay until after New Year if
>>> you think that's necessary.
>>
>> ... but it would make up a nice Christmas present for the KMyMoney
>> community :)
>>
>> BTW: I'll be on vacation from the 30th onwards for a week or so.
>>
>>> Regardless of that, I would like to declare a string freeze now, so
>>> that the kde-i18n teams have enough time. They are already overburden
>>> with the KDE SC translation, so we have to give them at least a month
>>> before release.
>>> I'm confident that we are in good shape for a release and we need the
>>> feedback that will come from it.
>>>
>>> We can decide on the release date later, but a simple yes or no for
>>> the string freeze will suffice now.
>>
>> Sounds good to me. Let us announce the string freeze for Dec. 1st, 20:00 UTC
>> or something like that. This will give us some time to add what is necessary
>> over the weekend. Thoughts?
> I'll second this. Although I think we need to fix in the strings part
> the way the strings appear in message boxes.
> For example yesterday when trying out the GPG encryption the warning
> messages were long and without a break and appeared in the message box
> in a square format without any breaks which makes the messages
> difficult to read.

There has to be a way to adjust that withouth affecting the string.
Anyway, that doesn't pose problems other than adding a break here or
there. It doesn't change the translations

Unless someone objects, I will declare a 4-week string freeze on Dec
1st, for a beta release on Dec 28th. That is, if no really critical
issue is discovered at the time, but I don't expect that to happen.

Regards,
Alvaro