[Kmymoney-devel] Crash

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:02:23 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:49 AM, tonyb <tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 Nov 2009 13:35:02 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > did you clean and compile from scratch? When had you last updated?
>
> Yes, I did a make uninstall of my old version, cleaned out some stuff that
> uninstall didn't (can't remember where, somewhere under
> /usr/share/kde4/apps
> IIRC), did a complete new checkout from SVN at 2009-11-17 11:44GMT, and
> rebuilt from scratch.
>
> The crash only happens when:
> a) I run from within qtcreator (if I do 'make install', it runs correctly)
> and

If you don't make install it is similar to when then widgets wouldn't come
up in the KDE3 version. That's a problem on the install process and most
users won't come across because they will get the package from their
distros. The rest we can handle.

> b) I don't have an rc (preferences) file.
>
> That shouldn't happen unless you delete it explicitly after starting the
program. Mess with fire and you can get burnt. ;)

> I guess this is a scenario that most users won't come across.

I hope so.

> However, I did notice one thing that may confuse new users. If in the New
> User
> Wizard, you click 'Configure preferences now', the preferences window is
> hidden behing the wizard, and cannot be enabled until you complete the last
> screen of the wizard. (At least, that's what happened to me!

That we have to check it. Most likely, the new user dialog is set to run as
modal. It is that way by default so we probably have to change that.

Thanks, Tony!

Regards,
Alvaro