[Kmymoney-devel] Crash

tonyb tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 18 11:49:22 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 Nov 2009 13:35:02 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> did you clean and compile from scratch? When had you last updated?

Yes, I did a make uninstall of my old version, cleaned out some stuff that
uninstall didn't (can't remember where, somewhere under /usr/share/kde4/apps
IIRC), did a complete new checkout from SVN at 2009-11-17 11:44GMT, and
rebuilt from scratch.

The crash only happens when:
a) I run from within qtcreator (if I do 'make install', it runs correctly)
and
b) I don't have an rc (preferences) file.

I guess this is a scenario that most users won't come across.

However, I did notice one thing that may confuse new users. If in the New User
Wizard, you click 'Configure preferences now', the preferences window is
hidden behing the wizard, and cannot be enabled until you complete the last
screen of the wizard. (At least, that's what happened to me!

--
Cheers,

TonyB