[Kmymoney-devel] focus order in budget view and other issues

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:52:50 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> În data de Sîmbătă 14 Noiembrie 2009 00:38:28 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:

> the
> > >
> > > I will check this too, since reports are my area. It seems to be a
> severe
> > > case of rounding.
> >
> > Check the price for the 1st day of the month, or the next price available
> > prior to that.
> I don't think that it has anything to do with prices. I could be wrong but
> maybe the following thing happens:
> I allocate for an expense category 1000 RON. This is computed in the
> reports
> as a monthly 83,33 (this is a displayed value, the actual value should be
> 83,
> (3) or 83,3333333 endlesly). When 12 months of 83,33 is sumed up 999,96
> results.

In this case, it is a severe case of rounding.

To display on reports, the annual budget is divided by 12 and rounded. Then,
if a total column is displayed, the columns are summed up, and rounded. So,
for those cases there will be a difference. Keep in mind that the total
column might for a different number of months than the budget, eg. the 3
next months or so.

What I could do in these cases is rounding the number to decimal places + 1.
That would avoid most problems but the most severe cases.

Regards,
Alvaro