[Kmymoney-devel] Exporting resources via Akonadi

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 03:44:30 CET 2009

Hello Michaël,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Michaël Lhomme <papylhomme at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> unfortunately I'm really busy at the moment, so I have nothing new to show
> about Akonadi engine. Nevertheless I've some tasks on track.

Nice.

> Exporting other data (accounts status, transactions, ...) should be quite
> easy. I'm also looking forward to design some plasmoids mockups (accounts
> status and quick entry).

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

> Finally, I've just a question/problem : creating a quick entry plasmoid (or
> whatever involving to create new objects on the KMM engine) would require to
> save the data contained in the Akonadi engine instance. This may lead to
> synchonization problem with the main engine instance of the application. Any
> idea about this ?

KMyMoney keeps the file locked while it's open, so KMM and Akonadi cannot
write concurrently.

What I would do is keep in Akonadi a copy of the object before being
modified. Before writing the modified object, compare the original in
Akonadi to the object on the file and issue a warning if it is different.

In future versions, having a revision number would help with this problem.