[Kmymoney-devel] Current status and issues for a release

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:28:09 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> >> Do we really need to go that high with the version number. I would
> >> suggest adopting 1.2 for the KDE4 ported version. I say this because I
> >> don't think there will be more than one release on the KDE3 branch (so
> >> that could be 1.1). Once the KDE4 version is done we should really let
> >> go of the <1.2 branch. We should stick with the kmymoney version
> >> scheme so there is no need to jump to 3.95.
> >
> > The idea is to bump the final version number to 4, that's why.
> OK, I'm going to insist a bit on this. Why is the final version going
> to be bumped to 4? Why shouldn't we continue using KMyMoney versions
> (in a continuous way)? I see no reason to bump to version 4 unless we
> adopt the KDE4 release schedule but the it should be 4.4 doesn't it?
>
> I don't remember when we had this discussion, but the version number has
been 3.95 for some time already. Check the about box, that's why I took as a
fact that the beta version is going to be 3.95. We mentioned it when talking
about keeping the name and dropping the '2', or at least I think so.

I think we should be adjusting to a KDE release schedule, but we are going
to have a couple of versions before that. So, whenever the time comes to
release together with KDE, we drop our own version number and use KDE's
(4.5, 4.6 at the time?).

Regards,
Alvaro