[Kmymoney-devel] name change

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 12 09:46:01 CET 2009

On Thursday 12 November 2009 03:36:07 Fernando Vilas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Just some quick tips for the recent SVN updates regarding the name change.
>
> 1) If you have an old enough version of the repository, run "sudo make
> uninstall" so that you don't have old files laying around your system. Do
> this before running "svn up".

Good point. Did that here. That's how I usually update packages I build from
source because I have seen it to fail too many times if I use any other form
of shortcut.

> 2) My version of cmake didn't like building in the old build directory, but
> doing a "rm -rf build" and re-running cmake fixed that.

Same here, but that's what the separate build directory is good for: just kick
it out if it does not work and start from scratch.

> 3) "cp ~/.kde/share/config/kmymoney2rc ~/.kde/share/config/kmymoneyrc" will
> preserve your settings in the new version.

In case you have a KDE3 and KDE4 version installed in parallel (as I do on my
SuSE 11.1), it would be

   cp ~/.kde4/share/config/kmymoney2rc ~/.kde4/share/config/kmymoneyrc

Using your suggestion would ruin my KDE3 settings :( Using

  cp $KDEHOME/share/config/kmymoney2rc $KDEHOME/share/config/kmymoneyrc

To be on the safe side, use

  kde4-config --localprefix

to figure out the correct value. Here the KDE4 and KDE3 versions on my box:

thb at dollo:~> kde4-config --localprefix
/home/thb/.kde4/
thb at dollo:~> kde-config --localprefix
/home/thb/.kde/