[Kmymoney-devel] Release issues

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:24:44 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:03 PM, tonyb <tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I have one problem which might cause concern to users; often, when I close
> down KMM/KDE4, it 'hangs' for approx. 3 minutes before shutting down
> completely.
>
> This seems to happen every time I perform any activity on my personal file,
> and sometimes when I'm just using test files.
>
> Typically, I am unable to re-create it at the moment, but I'll try to abort
> it
> and get a bt.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> I haven't seen this in a consistent manner. One out of 10 times, the
startup will take 10 seconds longer. My guess is that it has to do with
something in KDE or Qt, rather than in our own code, because it does not
happen in the same place every time.

> It's a bit annoying when you run several tests in succession, giving rise
> the 'Another instance of KMM is running' dialog - though strangely, that
> only
> seems to happen on the third instance, not the second like you'd expect.
>
> It should happen on the 2nd instance. There must be room for improvement on
the code used to check that.

> I also get a really annoying load of QPainter messages clogging up the
> console
> output, but that happens on other programs too.

Me too, and I don't know if there is actually a problem, or the logs are
part of the normal operation and someone forgot to turn some debugging off.