[Kmymoney-devel] Create new schedule

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 05:19:08 CEST 2009

"when creating a new schedule there is a failing assert, something to
do with a -1 (this also happens in 0.9.3-CVS I think)"

I tracked this down to a change in Q_ASSERT in Qt4.
In Qt3, when the condition is false, the warning message gets written to
standard output and it continues.
In Qt4, it prints the warning message and calls qFatal(), which exits the
application with a crash.

Momentarily, I changed it to a qWarning(), but we should review what is best
in these cases.

Also, in this case, having fraction == -1 is valid, because a new schedule
gets assigned an empty MyMoneyAccount(), which has no fraction and it
defaults to -1. Later on, when the user selects an account, the fraction is
set correctly.

Regards,
Alvaro