[Kmymoney-devel] restoring QWidget::updatesEnabled property

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 14:53:56 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> În data de Sîmbătă 25 Iulie 2009 15:10:03 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:
> > On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Cristian Oneţ
> <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:
> > > În data de Sîmbătă 25 Iulie 2009 11:15:55 ați scris:
> the
> > >
> > > updates

> > > Or we could do the disable/restore stuff only if we really need it,
> that
> > > is,
> > > when updates are not already disabled when reaching that code.
> >
> > I can't remember which class it was right now, but I remember there was a
> > point in the code where it would call setEnabled for each tab. It was
> > commented out and added #warning #Port to KDE4.
> Do you mean the setEnabled call from TabBar::copyTabs? That code has been
> ported and it does not help with this issue. But I think that the fact that
> widget is enabled/disabled and the fact that the updates for the widget are
> enabled/disabled are unrelated.
>
> My mistake. It's been a while since I have looked at that code.

Perhaps the Qt3 code relied on the fact that the transaction form would be
enabled anyway even if explicitly disabling the updates, but in Qt4 that has
to be done by hand.

Is it enough to just enable the updates explicitly or another widget is
being disabled in addition to the transaction form?

Regards,
Alvaro