[Kmymoney-devel] Localizing Kmymoney 3.95

Ian Neal iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 31 17:29:00 CET 2009

Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Ian Neal
> <iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

>>> Hello Ian,
>>> The po files for each language are in a different folder. The .po
>>> files for the documentation are in an additional folder.
>>>
>>> For example, this is the folder for the Spanish files:
>>>
>>> svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/es/messages/playground-office/
>>>
>>> Replace es with your language. I guess en_uk, in your case.
>>>

>>> Before starting, contact the kde-i18n coordinator of your language for
>>> directions, because there are guidelines you have to follow for
>>> translations in KDE.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the response, is there a way of building kmymoney 3.95 with the
>> localised files automatically or do I have to copy the relevant kmymoney.po
>> file into share/locale/<country_code>/ ?
>>

> Hi,
> The only way I know to build it with the localized files makes use of
> a script that requires you to have a svn account. The createtarball
> script checks for translations and then, as its name says, creates a
> tarball for deployment. Other than that, you have to copy the files
> manually. It's only one .po file in your case, so it's not much
> effort, but I understand it's a nuisance compared to the old days.

Hi,

For completeness sake.

Having copied kmymoney.po into /usr/share/locale/en_GB/ I then had to run:
msgfmt kmymoney.po -o LC_MESSAGES/kmymoney.mo
This is using the msgfmt that comes with Fedora 11 rather than the
patched version needed for kmymoney2.

Is this worth documenting somewhere? (or is it already and I just missed
it?)

Thanks again for your help,

Ian