[Kmymoney-devel] A couple of queries

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Dec 27 10:22:14 CET 2009

On Saturday 26 December 2009 15:46:05 tonyb wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Sorry I didn't get to send season's greetings; what with the hangover and
> plumbing the new washing machine...

... ah, some real hardware work :)

> A couple of problems I had the other day with the fresh build I downloaded
> from SVN:
>
> 1. Running make:
>  CMake Error at kmymoney/cmake_install.cmake:75 (execute_process):
>    execute_process called with no value for WORKING_DIRECTORY.
>  Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    cmake_install.cmake:39 (INCLUDE)
>
> Then I saw Tom's post that this was due to an empty CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
> What is the preferred method of setting this variable? Do I have to run
> ccmake every time I do a fresh build? Is there some way I can automate the
> setting?

Should be fixed now in SVN.  I changed KDE4PREFIX into KDE4_INSTALL_DIR
because KDE4PREFIX was an empty (or maybe even undefined) variable.

> 2. Executing the program gave:
> /usr/local/bin/kmymoney: error while loading shared libraries:
> libkmm_mymoney.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> This library was installed in /usr/local/lib64; running ldconfig fixed it.
> Should a run of ldconfig be done automtaically in the install process?

IIRC, you're on SuSE and that should install the stuff into /usr
not /usr/local. Don't know, if KDE picks up the stuff correct, if you install
in /usr/local.  Anyway, that should also be fixed with the above mentioned
change.

> In case I forget nest time, have a good New Year!

90 percent of all errors are sitting
60 cm in front of the display.