[Kmymoney-devel] Announcement draft

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 12:17:52 CET 2009

Here is a new draft, based on your feedback. I also added links to
Userbase and Techbase. Techbase will have the installation
instructions and technical requirements. I will work on that these
days.

The KMyMoney team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
version 3.95. After 8 months of hard work, this release is the first
version for the KDE 4 Platform. We are confident that it is stable
enough for use by early adopters and to get much needed feedback from
the community in order to make the new KMyMoney as rock-solid as
previous releases.

For this version, the focus has been on allowing it to run on the
latest KDE platform while maintaining feature-parity. Subsequent
releases will make better use of the new features provided by this new
platform. Also, significant effort has gone into making KMyMoney
available on all operating systems supported by KDE.

One major change which may not be visible is our move to a tighter
integration with KDE. All of the development effort was done in the
KDE SVN, and in coordination with the relevant KDE teams. We believe
this move has been beneficial for both KMyMoney and KDE and will make
integration tighter in the future.
As a direct result of this integration, KMyMoney will be available in
26 languages, and its documentation will be available in 2 languages
in addition to English. Also, a lot of fixes have gone into language
support and documentation, to make this the most locale-friendly
version of KMyMoney to date.

Going forward, there is still a significant amount of work to do in
order to complete the task and leverage all the new features provided
by KDE4. With the feedback provided by this version and more to
follow, we will adjust the pace of development to keep KMyMoney as
bug-free as possible and add exciting new features at the same time.

For installation, look at the instructions here
(http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney)

About KMyMoney
(http://userbase.kde.org/KMyMoney)
KMyMoney strives to be the easiest open source personal finance
manager to use, especially for the non-technical user. Based on tried
and tested double entry accounting principles KMyMoney ensures that
your finances are kept in correct order. Although many of the features
can be found in other similar applications, KMyMoney strives to
present an individual and unique view of your finances. Following the
KDE's way of "sensible defaults with powerful configuration", KMyMoney
offers a default configuration and templates to start managing your
finances with minimum hassle, with the possibility to customize it to
your liking.