[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney string freeze effective now through Dec 28th

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Dec 1 20:35:21 CET 2009

Hi,

on Tuesday 01 December 2009 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> Hello,
> KMyMoney has entered a string freeze. That means that no strings can
> be added or modified, unless it is to fix a spelling mistake, it
> arises from a request by the translator, or the change has been
> approved by the kde translation teams.
>
> I'm subscribed to both lists, so you can contact me for any issues, or
> to request a change if needed.
>
> @Translators, KMyMoney will release beta version 2.95 from playground.

It will be 3.95 :)

> It is our first release for KDE4 and we have opened Bugzilla to take
> care of any bugs that you see which are not directly related to
> translation (those you can send to the list and I will handle them
> directly). There are over 2660 strings on the application alone, so
> it's a big task and I know it will take more than this freeze to
> complete.

Yes, but you might be able to build upon the existing translations of the KDE3
version, as not that many strings have been changed. An overview of the KDE3
translation status is available at
http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/translate.php and the PO files reside in CVS
at SourceForge
(http://kmymoney2.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kmymoney2/kmymoney2/po/ )

> Regarding documentation, last time I checked only 2 languages were at
> 100%. I hope we can get some more before the release.
>
> I'm at your disposal for any question or issues you may have.

@Alvaro: if this message does not show up on kde-i18n-doc can you please
resend it there? TIA.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we
used when we created them. - Albert Einstein