[Kmymoney-devel] KDE4?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Aug 10 17:45:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

on Monday 10 August 2009 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:49 AM, tonyb <tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I've applied for a KDE SVN account with Alvaro as contact.
> >

> > Meanwhile I've d/l'd the source from anonsvn. The old source contained a
> > kdevelop configuration file which doesn't seem be there any more. Does
> > anyone have a suitable file that I can use as a basis? (I'm clueless
> > about setting up kdevelop...). Or is there some better IDE I should use?
>
> I've approved the request yesterday, so you should have your account
> shortly.
>
> I've used Qt Creator with good results. The integration of KDevelop with
> cmake seems a little flaky yet, and KDevelop4 is still in beta.
> Qt Creator can import the CMakelist scripts and start from there without
> problems.
>
> I dunno what's the experience of others.

I am strictly on command line tools yet if it comes to the KDE4 development.

Wanted to go the QtCreator route also although I have successfully build
KDevelop4 in the past. Might try that also, but it was very slow when I last
used it.

The amount of experience is directly proportional to
the amount of destroyed equipment.