katemdi kind of working ;)

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sat Apr 23 11:47:48 CEST 2005

hi,
just want to let you know that katemdi has now all features I want it to have
for kate app ready and working, only will need some minor tweaking for
save/restore if you have multiple toolviews open, but even that works nearly
perfect now ;) (some toolviews might not get reactivated per default, if they
were not persistent, but hey, that should be only some lines changes)

after I have solved this last restore probs, I will perhaps take a look at
overlap mode, not sure, at least this new mdi for kate avoids any unneeded
flicker ;) I like that ;)

perhaps some ideas are useful for kmdi 4.x, perhaps not, perhaps some stuff is
useful for kdevelop's newui, too, all katemdi code is collected in katemdi.h
and cpp, not that much at all :)

for kde 3.5, kate has already switched over, this new stuff has far less
obvious bugs like kmdi will have in 3.5, and this is finally a usable kate
without flicker at start for people with xinerama ;)

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org