Fwd: kdebase/kate/app

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Wed Apr 20 22:48:54 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 19:57, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> hi,
> here very small mainwindow class which allows 4 border toolviews, not
> finished atm, but perhaps some interesting thingy for kmdi redesign
> thoughts, too.
Looks like we both ended up with an idea of rewriting kmdi in very
similar ways :)
My implementation (kdevelop/src/newui/dmainwindow.h(cpp)) just uses
Ideal::ButtonBar while yours uses KMultiTabBar.

The questions are here:
1) do we want other modes that IDEA?
2) do we want docked/undocked toolviews?
3) do we need 4-th border toolview (topmost)?
4) do we need to have several widgets inside one toolview
(splitted horisontaly or vertically)?
5) do we need splitted views in the main areas?

Current kmdi:
1 - has other modes
2 - provides dock/undock
3 - has topmost view
4 - impossible by design
5 - in kmdi1 impossible by design

My (unfinished) ideal library:
1 - has only idea
2 - provides dock/undock
3 - has topmost view
4 - mostly implemented
5 - not yet implemented

My newui (libd) library and mainwindow for KDevelop
1 - has only idea
2 - no dock/undock
3 - hasn't got topmost view - nobody seems to use it
4 - impossible by design
5 - implemented

Future kmdi library - ?

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine