metakit graph storage

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Feb 12 12:41:02 CET 2005

On Friday 11 February 2005 04:57, Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
> Probably we could take a look into this: http://e4graph.sourceforge.net/

having had a look through the documentation i don't know how useful it would
be to us. it solves the most trivial aspect of the problem, though it does it
with some style. we'd still have to provide Qt wrappers for it (both for data
types and for it's IMO ugly use of callbacks), write a backend that isn't
metakit (so we can have concurrent and network access) and provide a way to
associate and search larger blocks of data like full text vectors to it, and
we'd still have the other 90% of the project let to tackle. i'd rather just
build on top of Qt SQL for now and make something that stands well integrated
and purpose built. in fact, i think it will be faster, more efficient and
produce a better API to implement this bit ourselves.

> Since we're going to introduce metakit into kdelibs for akregator at some
> point, it wouldn't be too much overhead to use it (its lightweight anyway).

into kdelibs? did i miss a discussion on kde-core-devel about this?

--
Aaron J. Seigo