Fwd: follow up from our talk / responce to your paper

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Fri Feb 4 12:18:55 CET 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 02:52, Scott Wheeler wrote:

> Just serving as a metadata cache would be (a) really slow and (b) not
> really useful for much, especially not to the queryable graph type stuff
> that's the essence of the klink idea.

Yeh, thats why i threw it out already.

> You might want to have a look at some of the stuff in kdenonbeta/klink --
> the DESIGN document is outdated, but should give you an idea on how some of
> the thoughts evolved.

I'm grepping my way thru it.

Btw, I have my own document where i tried to collect my ideas on what
relations should exist and how they should be handled. If i succeed in
converting it to new KOffice format, I'll translate it to english and post. I
started writing it before I even knew about klink so it would be interesting
to see how much similarities are there.

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.