Anything about Tenor? & creating a content system -> RDF

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Wed Aug 10 19:07:44 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 17:57, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> agreed, and this is actually where we started last year. i'm now strugging
> with the desire to piss on it all for having to start this process over
> again.

I know that there were some text files floating around, but they seem lost (or
lying in the depths of kdenonbeta as I just read on IRC ;) ).
People learn a lot about what Tenor is _not_ meant to be (a traditional search
tool, a semantic desktop), but its hard to grasp what the concrete goals are
and what it should be capable of. There are some more or less fuzzy ideas
(web of context, link information on the desktop) on the one side and
low-level structures as nodes and links on the other, what is missing is an
outline how the levels in between could be implemented.
At the moment, everyone here has a vague idea what you want to do with Tenor
("links", "context", "search", "graph") and fills the gaps based on his own
background.

Having 4-5 scenarios where Tenor will be used, plus your ideas on how to
implement it using Scott's graph model, would help a lot. Could we dig out
existing files and put it to some prominent place, say tenor.kde.org?

Frank