creating a content system

Leo Sauermann sauermann at dfki.uni-kl.de
Wed Aug 10 15:47:03 CEST 2005

Es begab sich aber zu der Zeit 10.08.2005 11:57,  da Kévin Ottens schrieb:

>Le Mercredi 10 Août 2005 12:39, Roberto Cappuccio a écrit :
>

>>If I get a DVD with 4.2 Gb od PDFs, I will get for them all the same
>>answer, usign contextual search: "this document, as well as other 15.000,
>>was inside that DVD"... very useful.
>>

>Well, you miss a point IMHO. This document as an author (once again we fall in
>the tagging trap, but well for PDF it generally works nicely...) and you
>would be glad to know if:
>1) you have him in your addressbook or not
>2) you discussed with him by mail
>3) and even, you might have discussed with him this particular document
>
>And _that_ is useful.

Yep, and somebody else appears on the scene and says:
FOAF.
www.foaf-project.org

that is a way you could connect the addressbook to the email
acutally, we do this in the gnowsis.org project, but only in a
scientific demo.

And there is dashboard which does similiar stuff (or how is this tool
called? i always forget it)

And to do this, you need three steps
* the author A extracted from the PDF and represented in a DATA FORMAT
* the sender/receiver B of the mail extracted and represented in a DATA
FORMAT
* the address book C (consists of C1 C2... CN) in a DATA FORMAT
* a central search devide (kat / tenor) that allows you to search all
the data available
* an algorithm that identifies that  A = B = C2

the DATA FORMAT could be RDF,
the special person data format could be FOAF
the search thing kat/tenor
the algorithm is usually called "Smushing" (google for this) or
"instance matching"

and that together has been implemented more than once (except the
kat/tenor part)

cheers
Leo

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann
DFKI GmbH
P.O. Box 2080          Fon:   +49 631 205-3503
67608 Kaiserslautern
Germany                Mail:  leo.sauermann at dfki.de