Anything about Tenor?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 9 18:59:42 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 10:37, Frank Osterfeld wrote:
> I wonder if the KAT API could become a generic API for (context-less)
> search. Tenor could then implement the API as well, allowing easy migration
> of KAT-enabled apps to KAT/Tenor.

i've been playing with kat over the last few days. i'm really less concerned
about the UI right now than i am with the underlying engine. in particular
the indexer. there are some severe problems there.. i'll be updating from svn
and playing some more with it. do the kat developers have a mailing list?

> I really hope we can bring KAT and Tenor together and cooperate, instead of
> having two competing solutions, maximizing confusion for developers and
> users.

agreed.

--
Aaron J. Seigo