Krita.org website broken because of broken Swedish translation

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jun 28 08:32:07 BST 2024

On Freitag, 28. Juni 2024 09:12:11 CEST Halla Rempt wrote:
> With the move to static generated websites (sphinx, hugo) we're running into
> a big problem: any issue in a translation can totally break regenerating
> the website. And worse, nobody can fix the issue except for the
> translators, since the translation folders are blocked from modifying in
> the git repo.

That's not correct. You can easily work around the problem. In #kde-
i18n:kde.org I explained _irc_scottyp:im.kde.org how to workaround this by
temporarily removing the problematic translation in the CI job just before the
website is built.

I have applied this crude workaround once here:
https://invent.kde.org/documentation/develop-kde-org/-/commit/
e4cec8de9396a05a3c8265bcbaf25f8869a0c44d
I reverted the commit again after the site had been built successfully.

> In this case, we cannot officially announce the latest krita release because
> the Swedish translation, for some reason, has broken the website, and
> despite contacting the responsible people several times, no fix has been
> upcoming. Nor any reaction.

That's also not correct. There has been a reaction on #kde-i18n:kde.org. See
above.

Regards,
Ingo