JPEG-XL and upgrading MinGW GCC

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 07:11:33 GMT 2022

Hi, @Amyspark!

Our docker images are not updated yet, though everything is ready for that.
We only need to wait until sysadmins actually switch them on Jenkins.

For the MSYS, I was fine with switching to it after 5.0 release (which has
happened already). There are only two things we need to take into account:

1) MSYS is a rolling distribution. So we should host all the used packages
somewhere on files.kde.org to fix the versions. And update them manually
when we are ready.
2) Sysadmins were not happy with the switch, because of the installer-based
deployment of MSYS. Though we can try packaging the exact environment
needed for us into a .zip file. That will make the life of sysadmins easier.

--
Dmitry Kazakov