JPEG-XL and upgrading MinGW GCC

L. E. Segovia amy at amyspark.me
Thu Feb 24 17:55:44 GMT 2022

Hi all,

I've been tinkering the past couple of days with JPEG-XL, getting it in
place within 3rdparty. I found that one of the dependencies of libjxl is
Google's Highway library, which requires something newer than GCC 7.3
due to:

- support of AVX512 intrinsics
- usage of the __STDC_FORMAT_MACROS

Fixing the former is needed for our Windows CI, but it will still fail
on the former item.

Questions:

- Do you know if the Docker image has been updated?

- And what can we do with our Windows build itself, which uses MinGW GCC
7.3?  Obviously, switching to MSYS does the trick, but I think Dmitry's
been reluctant in the past to just do the jump.

Cheers,

amyspark.

--
amyspark 🌸 https://www.amyspark.me