APK download links in All Download Versions, G'MIC translation

Halla Rempt halla at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 23 09:29:41 BST 2021

On donderdag 23 september 2021 09:19:49 CEST Tyson Tan wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Here are some questions I relay from the local community:
>
> The "All Download Versions " droplist on Krita.org's download page
> doesn't contain the Android APKs. Shall we put them there? In that way
> we can download them from a desktop PC easier.
>
> Since Intel has basically given up their Android X86 effort, every
> Android tablet released recently are equipped with ARM CPUs. Shall we:
>
> 1) Put ARM APKs above Intel APKs?
> 2) Put a note somewhere to let people know they should try ARM 64 bit
> APKs for the best chance?

Most people will be unable to use the APK's since that needs some technical knowledge, so we didn't promote them much. Note that the X86 APK's are also used for intel-based chromebooks, which are not uncommon.

> And a G'MIC related question:
> Since we have now forked G'MIC, how do we contribute to its translation
> now?

We build gmic-qt from the official sources, with patches added, so the translations should still come from upstream.