5.0 Release Task

Halla Rempt halla at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 5 12:57:39 GMT 2021

Hi,

I've created https://phabricator.kde.org/T14985 as a 5.0 release task, but I'm noting down things we need to do for the release campaign in https://docs.google.com/document/d/16gXo_pDDCMxMfWBWYdjF7esDd8ctOG7NQesSkI9ofNk/edit#. It's WIP, so please add comments if you have more ideas.

In the light of the discussion about funding we've had, we probably need to make this a release that really explicitly asks for funding -- it will have to look like a fundraiser campaign.

I've set the tentative release data on November 30, and I'd really like us to make that, so please after finishing the big testing task, start fixing as many bugs as possible. We've only got a couple of weeks to reach real stability.

Halla