Welcome Screen Font Size Change might cause issues

Tyson Tan tysontan at tysontan.com
Wed May 5 13:43:07 BST 2021

Hi guys,

I noticed a recent change in Welcome Screen that made message font size
smaller:

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/commit/61269bc0edf1f81d319dce196a1c2520af287543

This will likely to cause issues under Windows for CJK languages.
Further investigation is advised. Since Windows Nightlies are currently
packaged without translation, I can't say for sure, but my experience
tells me that it'll likely to go wrong.

Chinese/Japanese/Korean locale under Windows still use bitmap system
fonts by default. Text will become scrambled if they were not exactly
9pt/10pt/11pt/12pt. The matching size differs per locale, but 12pt is
universally safe. Therefore I believe the old code of 12pt font size was
there for a reason.

Best,
Tyson Tan