String Freeze for Krita 5

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 14 21:10:07 BST 2021

Alvin Wong ha scritto:
> Hi Luigi,
>
> I don't oppose to the idea of split these messages into a separate catalog,
> but I am not familiar enough with the i18n infrastructure to know what effects
> it will have and what changes will need to be implemented. Can you please give
> a bit of detail?

You would need a different Messages.sh file just to extract those messages,
and tune the original Messages.sh to ignore them. The complicated part would
be on the code side, as you would need to use the variant of the i18n* calls
which allows you to set the message catalog.

> Another thing to note is that, although most of the relevant messages are new,
> there are 68 of them that has been translatable for some time. If we want to
> split these messages into their own catalog, ideally we should have them
> copied over from the existing translated krita.po catalogs.

That could be done the first time (or just leave that to the teams.)

--
Luigi