Investigating missing translations in Krita/other KDE-built binaries

Tyson Tan tysontan at tysontan.com
Mon Jan 25 19:52:39 GMT 2021

Hi Halla,

The following translation files you mentioned:
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kconfig5_qt.qm
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kitemviews5_qt.qm
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kwindowsystem5_qt.qm
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kcoreaddons5_qt.qm
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kcompletion5_qt.qm
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/kwidgetsaddons5_qt.qm
./bin/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/seexpr2_qt.qm

I have already 100% translated and verified all of them before Krita
4.4.2, as part of my investigation, but none of them showed up in 4.4.2.
The Seexpr interface part inside of Krita.pot works, but not the stuff
inside of the library that holds the majority of its options. I don't
think any of them gets loaded.

However, this one:
kio-extras._desktop_.pot

Although you mentioned it wasn't shipped, I think it was shipped
somehow? In Krita's Save dialogue, the file type "Krita Document" has no
entry inside of Krita.pot. The only place I could find across all KDE
pots was inside of kio-extras, and the translation, although currently
not reflecting the last-minute changes I've just made, is definitely
loaded in our official binaries. Or maybe it was used a a building
dependency only?

It should be noted that although not being a frameworks component,
seexpr2_qt.pot was not loaded for Krita. While marble_qt.pot, which is
also not a frameworks component, was correctly loaded for digikam.
digikam also loaded kxmlgui, but not kwidgetsaddons, which are both
frameworks libraries. I can't seem to find a pattern.

Tyson Tan