Krita Test Day. Thoughts?

Noemie Scherer noemie.scherer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 23:12:10 GMT 2021

Hi! Sorry I couldn't come.
I have used Discord to give classes this year, and I feel it might solve
some of the issues BBB has for this specific use:
- any number of people can share screens at the same time (not sure what it
does to traffic, though, this should be tested further), and any person can
focus on one or the other (or none) as they prefer: it might ease the
screen sharing shyness since you set it up once then forget about it
- if you're using earphones, discord doesn't record the computer's sound,
only the external sound (I had loud keyboard issues, but that might be
because of my cheap recording earphones).
- you could record either a specific window or the whole screen
- chats can be both written (for those who'd rather not be interrupted, and
to keep a trace of what was said) and vocal (for those who just want to
chat while drawing, and also because it's faster); whoever doesn't want to
hear the others talk can just mute the channel (you need to be in a chat
channel to share screen)
- you can have several chat rooms (one per subject, if it seems useful)
but:
- I think the limit number of participants is 50, dunno if it's an issue:
seems it got raised (from 10 to 50) due to the mass confinement, and when I
tested it with 25-ish people two months ago it worked so it hasn't been
lowered again (knowing that they might decide some day to lower it again
could be issue though).

It's not open source, and it might have other drawbacks, but it's an option
that came to mind looking at the discussion.

Cheers,
Noemie