Volunteer to add Wayland support to Krita

Christopher Nugent skymage23.cn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 22:31:12 GMT 2020

Hey, all. My name is skymage23, and I am interested in helping to add
Wayland support to Krita. The reason is that I need Krita in a primarily
Wayland environment (Chromium OS).
After reading the documentation and learning the build and test procedures,
my plan is to firstly, get Krita working on Chromium OS natively (No
Crostini and no Crouton), and
then to do likewise with GNOME. I understand that the Krita community is
hesitant to add Wayland support until KWin has proper tablet support, but I
would hope that my
own changes could be kept in separate branch until such time, when we (or
I) can add testing and support for KWin.

With that said, I look forward to your feedback.

Thank you for your time,
--skymage23