unittest policy

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 22 14:09:12 GMT 2020

Hi,

We've got a great number of known broken unittests. I want to do the following:

* mark all unittests that currrently fail as broken
* create a bug for every known broken unittest -- that way it's clearer that these are bugs in krita that have to be fixed
* when there is a new failure on jenkins, decide whether this is a random failure -- in which case the unittest is broken and we need to create a bug for it, or whether it's a genuine regression
* if it's a regression, the commit that caused the regressions needs to be reverted and can only be committed again if the relevant unittest is fixed.

--
https://www.krita.org