ask.krita.org eval

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue May 14 08:24:24 BST 2019

Hi,

I had wanted to discuss this in the meeting yesterday, but other things took priority. It's this: does ask.krita.org do the things we expected:

* take the heat off from other communication channels
* provide people with easy questions a good way to find answers
* engage the community to help each other instead of making the Krita contributors take the load

If I look at the forum, twitter, reddit, bko (let's ignore irc for now since we temporarily disabled that), the answer to the first question is no, it's just another place where the same questions are duplicated all the time.

That also sort of answers the second question, because even though there's autosearch, people apparently don't read even that, and still go on asking their unique, very special question.

As for the community... I see Wolthera, Tiar and Ahab giving most answers, which makes it look like ask.krita.org is just a duplicate for the other channels.

So... Should we retired ask.krita.org and give it up as a failed experiment, or is there room for improvement?

--
https://www.krita.org