2019 Krita Sprint

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jul 25 12:04:21 BST 2019

Hi,

Here's a last overview of useful information for the 2019 Krita Sprint.

* Agenda *

We don't have a fixed agenda, but there are some things we need to discuss together:

* 2019 fundraiser
* Re-invigorating the development fund
* Improving our presence on youtube
* 2020 development focus

There will be other items.

Every artist and artist/developer should bring their tablet and laptop. Since we've got so many artists who haven't been at a sprint, I want us, developers, to have a chance to see artists in action, and learn from that

Tuesday and Thursday are full working days and evenings. Likely, a big chunk of Tuesday morning will be taken up by meetings

On Wednesday we've got the sprint outing: we will be visiting the Open Air Museum (https://openluchtmuseum.nl/en). In the morning we will get a tour, there's a lunch, in the afternoon I expect us to go out and do things like paint windmills or watermills, so bring your portable art stuff.

Note that I have counted on all supernumeraries (partners, parents...) to join us for the Wednesday outing as well.

* Food *

I'm not going to try and cook for 25 people, so I'm making restaurant reservations and am planning on eating out for lunch or getting catered lunch as well.

* Accomodation *

I've reserved the six person room and six two person rooms in Hotel Royal. So accomodation is taken care of. For the people who have requested accomodation for a partner or familiy member: you all have a two person room reserved.

Hotel Royal: http://www.royal-deventer.nl/

* Travel *

Deventer is on the direct train from Berlin through Hannover to Amsterdam.

The nearest airport is Schiphol. From Schiphol, there's a direct train to Deventer every HH:36. You do not need to reserve seats in Dutch trains, you can just buy a ticket from the yellow vending machines in the Schiphol baggage reclaim areas. A ticket is 19,70 euros. The trip takes 1:21 minutes.

>From the Deventer railway station to the sprint location is approximately 10 minutes walking. If desired, I can collect people from the railway station. The sprint location is:

        Korte Assenstraat 11 and 13, 7411JP Deventer.

* Plugs *

If you're from outside the EU (except UK) you will need a plug converter. The Netherlands uses the Type F electrical plug. This plug has two round pins, spaced about 20cm apart, and is the same as those used in many countries in Continental Europe.

Contact:

My mobile phone number is +31620839638
--
https://www.krita.org