Moving to gitlab, which features to use.

L. E. Segovia lsg at amyspark.me
Mon Apr 15 14:42:42 BST 2019

Hey all, hey Wolthera,

I'm glad to hear we're moving out of Phabricator. Having said this, as a
GitHub user, I'm more used to the merge request approach. Ideas:

* We'd need to document how to fork/clone, download the repo, change
branch, etc. (University experience tells me this is not straightforward
for beginners.)

* Not workflow-related, but some serious CI integration would be helpful
to let them know if their patch is acceptable.

* Merge-by-email seems a far lower entry barrier than the proposed
merge-request workflow, and also more similar to the current Phabricator
approach. I think we could expand a bit on the Git-email docs from
https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Appendix-C%3A-Git-Commands-Email .

Another question-- can we keep using tasks? I found them particularly
useful to review ideas without involving code.

Best regards,
Leonardo

--
Leonardo E. Segovia