Aw: Re: Re: Re: Krita 4.0 / Colour palettes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat May 12 08:24:12 UTC 2018

On zaterdag 12 mei 2018 07:10:04 CEST Christoph Schäfer wrote:
> Hoi Boud,
>

> You were right, renaming RW2 to RAW enabled the import. As it seems you are
> using libraw, so Krita should list all supported formats -- probably a tiny
> update to the file handling code, and the same would be necessary for the
> palette formats.

Yes -- we have to maintain the list of supported extensions manually :-( And
since so few people actually use Krita to open raw images it gets very little
maintenance :-)

> I also have a question regarding import and export formats: Why are CSV and
> various Qt (QML*) formats listed?

CSV is in this case a spritesheet format. The QML export filter generates a
basic QML file from an image. People have used it to mock up some basic games.

> Why is there an entry for Photoshop images and another one called
"vnd.adobe.photoshop (*)"?

> Other issues I became aware of: The Windows version doesn't find the default
> location of installed system profiles
> (C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color) automatically, but there's no
> problem on Linux.

I've added that, I hope correctly...

> I've yet to hear from Mac users whether the OS X version
> detects the relevant files.

Probably not: locating files on macOS with QStandardPaths is really broken, so
Krita only finds the icc files it's packaged with.

> I also noticed a flickering on the screen whenever an image effect is being
> applied. Not a big deal, and you're probably already aware of it.

I'm not sure about that.

> Moreover, I'd like to send you, via WeTransfer, a video produced by fF Team
> member Peter Jäger that describes a colour correction problem which cannot
> be solved by GIMP (yet) and requires Photoshop instead.

Sure, that's fine, but...

> Since the Krita
> Team is much less stubborn and certainly less ideological/unfriendly than
> GIMP, you might be interested in solving the problem. I also think that
> implementing this feature would be in line with Krita's general
> developement goals. The GIMP developers didn't even bother to reply. The
> video is in German, but I think it doesn't require perfect skills in German
> to understand what Peter's doing with Photoshop here. Video size: 11 MB.
> Interested?

I'd probably also need an explanation in text. I'm not super good at getting
info out of videos.

> Finally, I'd like to ask for permission to use two or three images from
> https://docs.krita.org/Colorize_Mask for the Krita article. I've already
> created three other screenshots, but I want the "Colorize Mask" feature to
> become a part of the text as well as the images.

Yes, that's fine.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org