Aw: Re: Re: Re: Krita 4.0 / Colour palettes

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sat May 12 05:10:04 UTC 2018

Hoi Boud,

You were right, renaming RW2 to RAW enabled the import. As it seems you are using libraw, so Krita should list all supported formats -- probably a tiny update to the file handling code, and the same would be necessary for the palette formats.

I also have a question regarding import and export formats: Why are CSV and various Qt (QML*) formats listed? Why is there an entry for Photoshop images and another one called "vnd.adobe.photoshop (*)"?

Other issues I became aware of: The Windows version doesn't find the default location of installed system profiles (C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color) automatically, but there's no problem on Linux. I've yet to hear from Mac users whether the OS X version detects the relevant files.

I also noticed a flickering on the screen whenever an image effect is being applied. Not a big deal, and you're probably already aware of it.

Moreover, I'd like to send you, via WeTransfer, a video produced by fF Team member Peter Jäger that describes a colour correction problem which cannot be solved by GIMP (yet) and requires Photoshop instead. Since the Krita Team is much less stubborn and certainly less ideological/unfriendly than GIMP, you might be interested in solving the problem. I also think that implementing this feature would be in line with Krita's general developement goals. The GIMP developers didn't even bother to reply. The video is in German, but I think it doesn't require perfect skills in German to understand what Peter's doing with Photoshop here. Video size: 11 MB. Interested?

Finally, I'd like to ask for permission to use two or three images from https://docs.krita.org/Colorize_Mask for the Krita article. I've already created three other screenshots, but I want the "Colorize Mask" feature to become a part of the text as well as the images.

Hartelijke groeten,
Christoph