Banners - Creative Freedom Suite

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 15 08:54:29 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 15 March 2018 04:48:41 CET Ryan Gorley wrote:
> Hello All,
> I run a creative agency called Dijt <https://dijt.co> and am a
> contributor to the Inkscape project on the marketing/outreach side of
> things. In addition to presenting at SCALE
> <https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/16x> last week we hosted a shared
> booth with the GIMP project. Everyone was pretty excited about the 3' x
> 7' hanging banners I designed and printed for the booth (see:
> https://twitter.com/ryangorley/status/969712740817235968).
> https://twitter.com/ryangorley/status/969712740817235968ht

Those look awesome! I would've been great to have something like that that to
show off at Fosdem, for instance.

> At the recommendation of Ivana Isadora Devcic I'm reaching out here. I
> would like to float the idea of creating a full "Creative Freedom Suite"
> set of banners that would include Krita (plus hopefully Kdenlive,
> Blender, Natron, etc.).
>
> Right now I'm in possession of the Inkscape and GIMP banners, paid for
> by each project (~$60/ea.). We thought it would be neat to have a set on
> each continent that we can ship around to events where one or more of
> our projects have a presence with the aim of promoting free creativity
> and to foster more collaboration between our projects. At minimum I'd
> like to get the approval of the Krita team to design one up to go with
> our Inkscape and GIMP set.

Yes, I'm all for that. The price wouldn't be a big problem either. Since
you're in the US, I guess you would keep the whole set of North American
banners? We do have people in the US who regularly go to conventions to
present Krita, both things like Linux Northwest, as well as comic or manga or
art conventions, though?

Have you any idea who would keep the European set and how we could manage to
show those of at various events? I mean, this year I've been to Fosdem and
will be at Akademy and LGM, but that's it for me...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org