Python testing in 4?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 27 10:20:03 UTC 2018

On Friday, 26 January 2018 23:26:09 CET Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Cool, thanks guys. The interface seems easy from those docs, though parsing
> the C++ into SIPified Python might be a bit of a challenge, once I have
> access to Python in Krita I'll give it a try.
>
> Boudewijn if you have a link to a flatpak with the Python I can give a
> shot. I'm not sure I have the time to try to build it myself, since my
> experience with that is that it usually takes 2 days to resolve all the
> dependencies :)

I haven't tested it myself, but this is what's in the instructions:

1. add the flathub repository:

`$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/
flathub.flatpakrepo`

2. install the KDE SDK from flathub:

`$ flatpak install flathub org.kde.Sdk`

3. compile krita and install it into a local repository:

`$ flatpak-builder --repo=repo_dir --force-clean build_dir org.kde.krita-
nightly.json`

4. export krita from the local repository to a bundle:

`$ flatpak build-bundle repo_dir krita-nightly-x86_64.flatpak org.kde.krita
master`

5. install the bundle:

`$ flatpak install krita-nightly-x86_64.flatpak`

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org