Krita brush mask AVX Optim, Unit test scalar vs vectorized.

Iván Yossi ghevan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 04:43:05 UTC 2018

Hi!

I’ve been working on the unit test for comparing both scalar and vectorized mask. I create a mask and convert it to an image to later compare pixel by pixel to ensure the mask is within the error limit.

The patch along side the first Gauss AVX optimization is here
https://phabricator.kde.org/P200

I’m not sure if the way I implemented it is the recomended way as I force the use of scalar by initialiazing the brush with 3 spikes. The names I used for variables, I’m mostly sure I adhere to the naming convention but I probably skip something. This test generates an image of the masks for visual aid, I made it this way so i could asses if the difference is visually detectable while in production to fine tune the error.

The current test will pass for the Default Brush and Fail for the GaussBrush as it uses my dummy vectorized code. However it should pass if only the test is integrated as both mask would be generated using the scalar process.

I reach to you for any advice and recommendation to make the test more robust.

Thanks!

Iván Yossi
<ghevan at gmail.com>
IRC: ivanyossi