Getting python to work when building Krita from source on Linux?

Eliakin Costa eliakim170 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:27:21 UTC 2018

Hey, Emmet

Look at  /usr/share/sip/PyQt5 and see if you can find /QtCore/QtCoremod.sip
if it is there you can try a new clean build.

Here's an example of a full cmake command:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/sources/krita/inst
$HOME/sources/krita/src -DWITH_GMIC=ON -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
-DPRODUCTSET=ALL -DPACKAGERS_BUILD=ON -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF
-DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=OFF -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3
-DPYQT_SIP_DIR_OVERRIDE=/usr/share/sip/PyQt5

Best